Screen recordings can save you a ton of time, while making it easier for your team to share information, collaborate, and learn from each other.
For instance, you can use screen recordings to explain tasks, provide feedback, give presentations, share status updates, document processes, create tutorials, and even onboard new hires.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to:
Create a screen recording
& Download your screen recording OR share a link to it in the cloud with users, external partners, clients, and anyone else you like!
To create and share a screen recording:
1. Click the Screen Capture icon in the left sidebar.
2. Navigate to the screen -- inside or outside Teamly -- that you want to record.
3. Click the Capture button.
4. Double-click your cursor then drag it across the screen to select your recording area.
5. Click the Capture button after you've finished selecting your recording area.
6. A 3-second countdown will appear on your screen. Once the countdown is complete, your screen recording (with audio) will start.
Note: You can optionally mute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon.
7. Click the Stop button when you want to end the recording.
8. You can view the file location of your screen recording inside Teamly.
9. Teamly has already copied your video link to the clipboard. Press the command key + v to paste that video link inside Teamly chat, an external email client, or one of your documents.
10. If you'd rather download the screen recording, click the Files link in the blue message box.
11. you'll notice 3 icons alongside your video, on the far right. These icons allow you o copy the video link, download your video, or delete it.
12. To download your video, click the download icon.
13. Navigate to the location on your computer where you want to save the video, then click the Save button.